Free Maintenance Forever
We provide lifetime maintenance on every piece of jewelry that we create. This includes annual polishing, resizing, and stone tightening. In addition to those services, we also provide minor repairs and replace small stones (2mm and under) set in your engagement ring or wedding band. Not only will this ensure your piece is maintained for life, but gives you the comfort that it can be worn with confidence. Please see below for details:
- We will inspect, clean, buff, polish, re-size and maintain any jewelry item purchased from us for no charge once per year, as long as you own it.
- Our lifetime warranty covers all merchandise made entirely of gold, platinum, or palladium as well as all merchandise made with the aforementioned metals containing diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and semiprecious gemstones.
- Any jewelry made from non-precious metals such as tungsten, cobalt, titanium, etc. is not covered under our lifetime warranty. Prior to your purchase, please check to see if there are any manufacturer warranties provided with these items. In addition, any jewelry containing gemstones that are neither precious nor semiprecious are not covered by this warranty.
- To ensure your jewelry is properly maintained, please bring it to us approximately every year for a free cleaning and inspection. We will either repair or replace any item found to be defective at no charge to you.
- If it has been significantly longer than one year since your last cleaning and inspection, bring in your jewelry as soon as possible. After we have cleaned and inspected it for free, the replacement of any diamonds/gemstones would be the owner’s expense. Once the repairs are complete, we will happily reactivate your warranty for free.
- Ethan Lord will replace missing stones (diamonds/gemstones) that are provided in customer pieces of up to 2.0mm in size that are lost/missing due to normal wear and tear. If it is determined that damage to a jewelry piece is due to gross negligence outside of normal every day wear, Ethan Lord reserves the right not to cover the lost/missing stones as part of our lifetime warranty.
- Any diamonds/gemstones not provided/supplied by Ethan Lord Jewelers do not fall under the lifetime replacement warranty. This includes stones provided by other jewelers, family heirlooms, etc.
- Ethan Lord does not assume any responsibility or provide insurance coverage for loss, theft or damage to center stones (diamonds/gemstones). In addition, our lifetime warranty does not apply to lost, stolen or abused merchandise.
- For any non-custom piece of jewelry, you may receive a full refund within 30 days of purchase if you are not completely satisfied with the piece as long as the merchandise is in its original condition and has not been worked on by any jeweler outside of Ethan Lord. You may also exchange the merchandise and receive a full credit towards another purchase. Center diamonds and gemstones excluded.
- There is a no return policy on custom jewelry pieces but we will work with you to create or provide another piece if for some reason you are not satisfied with the approved finished product.